No Knead Bread (faster version)
Cost: 33 cents
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: About 4.5-5.5 hours from start to finish
- 3 cups flour (all-purpose or bread)
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use kosher)
- 1/4 tsp red wine or apple cider vinegar (optional, but helps with rise)
- 1 1/2 to 1 5/8 cups hot water (NOT boiling - I use hot tap water, about 120° F)
- 2 tablespoons extra flour for shaping
- Combine flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Stir in water until it’s well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours, dough will become puffy and dotted with bubbles. Transfer it to a well-floured surface and sprinkle dough with a little flour. Using a scraper fold dough over 10-12 times & shape into a rough ball.
- Place in a parchment paper-lined bowl (NOT wax paper) and cover with a towel. Let stand on counter top for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile place Dutch oven with lid in a cold oven and preheat to 450° F.
- When oven reaches 450° carefully, using oven gloves, lift the parchment paper and dough from the bowl and place gently into the hot pot (parchment paper goes in the pot too). Place pot on sheet pan in center rack of oven. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and parchment paper. Return, uncovered, to oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes.
- Let bread cool at least 15 minutes before slicing - enjoy! :)